Do not do anything that brings your personal safety or that of another into jeopardy. There are no prizes or official honors bestowed upon any finisher of this rally and it’s not worth it to take chances. It is not necessary to exceed the speed limit or to drive at speeds that are excessive for current road or weather conditions. We want you to ride smart and have a good time. Any notice that you are driving recklessly or in a manner that puts this organization or our sport into a bad light may result in disqualification. This is not a race. Excessive speeding will be penalized and in some cases may result in the rider being DNF.
Equipment and Gear-
· Motorcycle in good working order.
· Bike runs, has sufficient tread on tires, no fuel or oil leaks
· All lights work
· A helmet must be worn at all times (immediate disqualification). Pants, appropriate boots, and gloves must also be worn. We highly recommend and advocate ATGATT (all the gear, all the time).
· Auxiliary fuel tanks will match IBR rules standards. Total capacity will not exceed 11.5 gallons and it must be mechanically sound and secure.
· Respect the Rallymaster, rally staff, and each other. Do not argue with, complain to, whine over, or be anything but civil and courteous with rally staff. If you have a problem, bring your concerns to the RM.
· If you come upon the scene of an accident, whether it involves one of our riders or not, we expect you to stop and render aid to the best of your ability even if all you can do is call 911 and direct emergency personnel to the scene. Failure to stop is considered a DNF violation. If you must stop and it will cause you to be late or miss a bonus, immediately notify the Rallymaster and we will make reasonable accommodations. This is very important to your rallymaster and we will go through great lengths to help you when you help others.
· If you are going to be more than 30 minutes late to the finish, contact the RM so we don’t send a search party out for you.
· Day of the week abbreviations are Su for Sunday, R for Thursday, Sa for Saturday and everything else should be obvious.
· Aperture manipulation of cameras to capture ambient light to skirt bonus availability windows will be denied and in some cases may be construed as cheating.
Insurance and License-
· You must have current insurance with CSL $300,000.
· You must have a valid license with motorcycle endorsement in accordance with your home state.
· Your registration must be current. Either your motorcycle has a registration sticker with the valid dates or you produce a document showing current registration.
· For this rally, you must submit bonus photographs via LDRallyApp. Contact the RM if you cannot use the app so we can work out alternate arrangements.
· Your device must be able to capture a picture and send this picture from wherever you may be. If you are in a location with no service, check to make sure the photo was sent when you are back in a regular service area. If Wifi is required to participate, contact the RM prior to start.
· Use of the LDRallyApp will be worth 10,000 points.
Flag Requirement –
· Your rally flag must be in every picture unless specifically noted.
· Your flag is needed for receipt submissions.
· Your rider number on the rally flag must be visible and legible.
· All pillions must be in EVERY photo unless the instructions specifically state your flag does not have to be in the picture or you are photographing a receipt. If the bonus requires the rider be in the picture, this means that both the rider and the pillion (and your rally flag) must be in the picture.
o Special note: We will allow either the rider or the pillion to be in the picture BUT if the rider is in the picture, the pillion MUST be the one taking the picture and vice versa.
· If the bonus requires your motorcycle in the picture, the picture must show your ENTIRE motorcycle.
· If you lose your rally flag, contact the rallymaster. From that point on, your face (and your pillion if applicable), must be in every picture. The penalty for losing your flag is half your final points. This will not effect your finisher status, just your final standings.
· Do not stop in the roadway to take a picture. The intent of the sample photo is for you to replicate the sample photo. Do not take your submission photograph from further away, around the corner, etc. If you do, you risk the bonus being denied and your argument is invalid. If you have to stop a slight distance from the bonus and walk to it, then do so.
· Anyone violating the ‘do not stop in the roadway’ rule will be declared DNF.
Please use social media responsibly. If the Rallymaster feels a rider’s use of social media is an unsafe distraction, the RM will require the rider discontinue use until the conclusion of the rally.
Social media is allowed but there is a caveat.
· There are three social media platforms you may use: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
· If you choose to post on social media, you must post to the LDX platform on the following social media sites:
o Facebook: www.facebook.com/LDXRally
o Instagram: www.instagram.com/ldxrally
o Twitter: @LdxRally
· You may also post on the forum on the ldxrally.com website.